Monday, January 31, 2011

Christmas 2010

Christmas was fun for Matthew and me this year because it was our first one together. We both enjoyed the Christmas decorating, buying gifts for each other, and making new traditions for our family. We decided we wanted to have a "sophisticated and elegant" tree. Besides having fun shopping for our own Christmas decorations, it was also a good break from wedding plans on occasion. Matthew and I quickly realized that finding a tree skirt to match our tree was harder to find than you would think. We finally settled with one for this year but I think next year we will be looking into making our own. It was even important when we were shopping to make sure to have wrapping paper that even matched our tree decorations. :)

I will admit that Matthew and I probably went a little overboard on buying gifts for each other. But we couldn't help but spoiling each other. My favorite gift from Matthew was a picture of the Mt Timpanogas Temple personalized with "I Love My Life With You In It." He knew I really wanted more wall hangings for our house but this was even more special than anything else I could have gotten. Matthew 's favorite gift was obviously tools. At the Black Friday sale Matthew picked out a set of Makita drills he has been drooling over for a while. Another gift I worked on for him was something I was very excited to give him. Matthew and I emailed for a month before we actually went out on our first date. Those emails are the way we really got to know each other and fall in love. I collected all those emails and published them into a book that we will always be able to cherish forever.


As much as we enjoyed spending time with our families, thinking about the true meaning of Christmas, and embracing the season of giving, it was still hard for us to not anticipate it being over so we could finally enjoy our long awaited wedding day.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I am glad you updated your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that I finally know someone as anal as me! I thought I was the only one who liked their wrapping paper to match the tree! :0)

    ReplyDelete