Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Valentine's Day

Before our wedding, Matthew and I made reservations in advance to go to a Marriott Hotel for Valentine's Day. (We are trying to take advantage of his discount as much as possible.) Although as it got closer, we realized after only being together in our condo for a month the novelty hadn't worn off yet and decided to spend it at home.

Instead we spent our money on a weekend filled with Valentine festivities and FOOD. Since Valentine was on a Monday, we had our celebrations on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Saturday we made a delicious cheese fondue and for dessert chocolate fondue.



















Monday I surprised Matthew at work with a cookie bouquet complete with chocolate covered lips, sugar cookies, and chocolate covered strawberries. (It was very difficult to keep it too secretive with always being together now but I think he was a little surprised. I am sorry I didn't get a picture.........I completely forgot to take one of the masterpiece.) Monday night I got home to a beautiful dozen roses, a slide show of our pictures, and a heart felt love note from Matthew. We completed our lovefest with a heart shape pizza.


2 comments:

  1. wow. well done. that was a little depressing- i don't think jon and i have had a v-day that great EVER- and you two made a weekend of it! sheesh!
    apparently jon and i need to get our butts in gear and spice things up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fondue!! I looks like a fun day! We need to hang out again sometime.

    ReplyDelete