It has always been Matthew's dream to have his own business and we decided to take the plunge early. Matthew started a handyman business with his friend Ben before I met him but Matthew and I decided to give our marriage the real test and see if we could make it work together. We had to make some purchases before we could really get started. Starting with a new reliable laptop and cell phones. We retired my old college laptop, I took his old laptop, and the new laptop was dedicated to the company.
Then we decided to get rid of my sporty Pontiac G6 GTP that I have only owned for a year. But with the way gas has been, it is much more economical to keep Matthew's Toyota Corrolla. Now I am driving the Corolla and we bought Matthew a new truck!!!!
Well new for us.........................we bought a GMC Canyon 2006. It is big enough to haul Matthew's supplies and tools but not big enough that I have to jump to get into. It has been a great investment. Not only did we make money on the sale but the insurance is actually less than my Pontiac too and the gas mileage is about the same. All in all.................the trade has been good.
The business is in full swing now. Matthew is only doing it part time during weeknights and weekends. But he is staying busy with 2-3 jobs a week. Check out his blog and tell your friends.
Fix It Handyman LLC
cool! I am glad things are working out so far! :0)
ReplyDeleteWow, big changes for you guys. Jenny, you're just the girl to help Matthew make that work out. Good luck, you two!
ReplyDelete