Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Prim & Proper

For Thanksgiving we went to Arizona to see Matthew's family in Snowflake. We had a great time with the Peterson family at Thanksgiving, doing crafts with Mandi, seeing lots of movies, and Matthew enjoyed working with his dad on projects at home. We were also able to visit my sister and brother's family in the Thatcher/ Safford area. And meet our new neice Lynlee.

It was sad to leave our families after the long weekend in Arizona but we brought back a new addition to our family. We brought home our new baby, Prim. My brother-in-law, Ben, had adopted a 5 year old Australian Labradoodle from New York. Prim was a breeding dog that was being retired and needed a loving family. After having Prim for a month, he decided having a dog wasn't right for his growing family. We graciously took her to live with us. We had been thinking about getting a dog already so it all worked out.

Prim has been a good, sweet, and mellow dog. Because she is an older dog potty training has been an easier task than with a puppy (although I wouldn't say it is perfect. :) She is a cuddly dog that can't get enough loving. She is trained well, never barks, sleeps all day, doesn't chew, and follows Matthew around like a puppy dog. We have loved having her around the home and hope she is finding a happy and loving home with us.

5 comments:

  1. Jenny-
    promise to take better care of this dog than you did with the last......:0) Sounds like you are doing a good job so far! And I have to say, Ben cracks me up. How many dogs has he gotten and given away now??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same thing Heather. Ben cracks me up. I think prim is the cutest dog so Jenny I hope she stays in the family for a long while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And with a name like Prim of course she has to have a bow on her head and a sweater!! HaHa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it is funny, Ben has done this three times now. But I think this is the last, he decided he isn't a dog lover like he thought.

    I am loving dressing Prim up. I never thought I would be that kind of person. But she doesn't mind it at all and she looks so cute in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! The kids love looking at these pictures!

    ReplyDelete