I know that most of you weren't able to come to our reception. So I am going to give you a overview of the amazing reception you missed.
The theme was argyle. I was inspired because Matthew was wearing argyle the first time I met him and I had coined him upon meeting as "Argyle Boy." Our wedding invitation has an argyle background, the photobooth prints had an argyle background, the cake was a "preppy argyle" cake, the ribbons on our flowers resembled argyle, our nephews wore argyle sweaters, my pedicure, Matthew's socks, and we did anything we could to display argyle in wedding.
We decided that with our wedding budget we wanted to have a fun gimmick for our guests. We did research and discovered a fun new way for a sign in book. A PHOTO BOOTH!! The guests would get two striped of four frames, one was for them and one to be placed into our sign-in book. Since we had a lack in guests, our nieces and nephews made it worth our money.
Our colors were blue, black, and charcoal gray. Unfortunately find the charcoal gray wasn't as easy to find as I was hoping. But the blue made up for it.
![]() | ||
| A fantastic wedding video thanks for Matthew's brother |
| Wedding Video |
![]() |
| Adorable centerpieces made with love by Mandi and Matthew's mom |
Through the event, I wanted a way to physically feel like I had my brother and "Best Man" with me at the wedding. This memorial was just a tiny thing I could to commemorate how much I wished how I could have had Marcus at the wedding. Through the chaos and eventful day, I could feel Marcus's spirit there.
I had promised Matthew I wasn't going to be "mean" during the cake cutting/ feeding. I will admit, I went back on that word and started a good food fight between the two of us. We had to spice up the evening somehow. But I think he forgave me by the end of the night.
![]() | |
| Look at my niece's anticipation for a piece of that delicious cookies and cream cake. |
The Daddy Daughter Dance was to "Sentimental Journey" by Doris Day. A song I remember my brother's performing often as a barber shop quartet while growing up. And Doris Day was my favorite actress thanks to the countless movies my mom and I would watch together.
My father than passed me on to the new man of my life to dance to our song "Love You Forever." Because of Matthew and my height difference, it really makes dancing very hard for the two of us. We had originally thought to avoid the kinked neck and hurt back, we would learn a hip hop dance for our 1st dance but we just ran out of time. So we just made do.























so cute. love it all. you left no detail out. perfect.
ReplyDeleteAdorable! I love the argyle theme.
ReplyDeleteJenny, this blog is so fun. I love the idea behind the argyle theme. So great! Sexy too. :) I think it makes it special that you made sure your brother Marcus was there so that when you look back at your pictures you remember you felt him close to you. I'm prous of you for this new chapter in your life. You guys are so great a couple. XoXo
ReplyDelete-Heidi M
Adorable!!! Your wedding was beautiful.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! Your wedding looks so cute!!! so happy for you!!
ReplyDelete