After the cabinet fiasco, you would think we would stay away from painting and refinishing for a long time. But I guess we forgot quickly because we took a new project for our Christmas gifts that was just that.....lots of painting and refinishing.
With Matthew and my families for Christmas we pick a siblings name to purchase a present for instead of buying for all of our siblings. For my family we picked my sister, Mistie, and her family. My sister and I are very close and talk on the phone a lot (mostly on my lunch breaks). During most of our conversations, I mention some of the "do-it-yourself" decorating projects we are doing. She usually comments about how she is jealous because with 5 kids and more than enough to do in her life she doesn't have time to do those things. When I started asking her what she was wanting for Christmas she mentioned she wanted a front entry table like I had refinished a year ago. I loved the idea and thought it was perfect for our budget. I started looking on KSL for the perfect table at the right price. Then I had to decide what color to Mist would like the most. Her house is very nuetral with not a lot of color which doesn't fit her personality. I decided on a fun splash of color to help her along. And even better, I found the cutest knobs at Hobby Lobby that gave me even more inspiration. We were able to finish it and deliver it to her personally at Thanksgiving when we were there visiting. I know I loved it and I think she loved it too.
 |
| We already had this green paint because it is the color of our guest bathroom. :) |
 |
| Aren't these adorable knobs???? |
For Matthew's family, we got his sister, Lisa, and her family. They just built a house in Santaquin and as everyone knows that after buying the house all you want is decorations for your new house but don't have the money for it anymore. :) Because we were on a tight budget and we were on a role, we offered to refinish a piece of furniture of their choice. They chose their dining table that has been in their family for a long time and is visible from their front room. I think it was a perfect pick for them. And I didn't even have to ask her what colors she would wanted it painted..............she loves everything white. And even more perfect the color of our cabinets/ walls in our condo was the exact color she needed. We picked the table up right after Thanksgiving and had it ready for our family party on Dec 18th. I think it is a great addition to their house. I hope it can just hold up and stay good looking for their family for a long time.
 |
| This is just "staged" at our own house. |
Beautiful Christmas gifts!!! You guys are amazing! I am on the hunt for an entry table. When I find one I am going to need tips on how to refinish it correctly.
ReplyDeleteI think you and I need to have a chat about refinishing dining tables. Mine is a great table which I absolutely hate because it is honey colored grainy oak. Bleh. Let's chat :)
ReplyDelete