

Matthew and I fell in the trap of "hanging out" that our General Authorities council against. Don't get me wrong we still did the tradition dates of movies, miniature golfing and batting cages. But when Matthew and I started dating he didn't have weekends off and went to work when I got home. But because of this, we really found unique ways to spend our time together.
Matthew by trade is a Handyman. He loves to work with his hands, figure out problems around the house, and being creative. I bought a condo a year ago and there was still a lot of projects and things I have wanted to do to it. So this made us the perfect pair.
One love we both found was to paint anything and everything black. Our first project was painting a entry table I purchased from KSL that was oak colored, sanding it, painting, and antiquing it. We were very proud of our accomplishment that we decided to continue with my dining room table and bar stools. The pop of black has really changed the feel of my condo.




After I went t
o a Family Home Evening for my single's ward about food storage, I came home to Matthew gung-ho about getting pre
pared and started on my emergency preparedness. Matthew was more than willing and enthusiastic about helping me get started on this project. One day I came home to him thrilled with the new purchase he had made of a vacuum packer. He had taken this to a whole new level and had decided we need to water proof all of the items we were putting in our 72 hour kit. We also hit the Case Lot Sale at Macey's to start on a 3 months supply of food and water. We know we have only gotten started and still have much more to work on but are proud to say we are self sufficient for at least 12 hours!!! :)When doing decorating at my condo I found out that Matthew really has a green thumb. He decided my house needed to be spiced up with house plants. We went full force ahead with this project like we did all the others and headed to our favorite store.....Home Depot. We picked plants and pots that would accent the room well. Matthew even started growing an avocado plant from the pit. He would be so excited every day to see it growth. I have handed over this project to him because of his real knack for it. Last week at Marcus's funeral we received a full basket of house plants. The plants have now taken over the condo and are everywhere. But we truly love to see our "love ferns" grow with our love.

Our unique hobbies that might seem unusual to other couples have helped us realize that we can do anything as a team and look forward to doing it forever.
I love it all. I love that you two do so much together! It'll continue to be wonderful for your relationship! Jon and I need to find more time and hobbies to do together! If only he would get as enthused about food storage and home decorating! Matthew needs to talk to him!
ReplyDelete