What do you get when you put Singles Wards, Argyle, Facebook, Voodoo Dolls, and LDS Cruises together????? OUR LOVE STORY!!Matthew and I met March 14, 2010 in a Single's Ward Sunday School class. I noticed a new, good looking, tall "drink of water" in agyle across the room. Being a considerate and an otherwise engaged friend, I turned to my friend and pointed out the fresh meat and committed to a new mission to hook them up. That night, unlike other Sunday nights, I decided we needed to go to Ward Prayer. And to our delight "Argyle Boy" was there also. My friend took this opportunity to introduce herself and I politely joined the conversation. After an hour of correspondence and finding out how young "Argyle Boy" was, I was even more determined that this was a match made in heaven. The next few weeks, we bumped into Matthew at church and other ward functions.
One late night after seeing Matthew at a ward activity, I was pleased to receive a "Friend Request" through Facebook from him. Although it was 1:00 AM and had woken me from my slumber. I quickly returned the request from my phone application but being blind and sleep texting, I accidentally sent an email. Matthew quickly responded back and we found ourselves in a bantering email conversation. We found ourselves emailing for the next few weeks nightly. Conversations just being friendly and playful. But because of Matthew's irregular work hours and weekend trips home, we didn't see each other for weeks after. And soon after I was leaving for an LDS Single's cruise with friends for 10 days which made an absence in our email correspondence.
That crui
se turned out to be the longest, most miserable, awkward, and lonely vacation I have ever taken. I was more than happy to get back on American soil as an available single again and find a plethora of emails from Matthew indicating that I had put him under some kind of VooDoo magic. With this inside joke, I came back to Pleasant Grove with a VooDoo doll souvenir for him. Although at this point, Matthew had me in a spell of his own.A week later, I got tired of waiting for Matthew to take some initiative and invited him over for Sunday dinner. It was the first time we had every hung out but it felt like we were best friends already. From that day on, we have become even closer, better friends, and soul mates.
so cute. i am so glad you didn't settle jenny. he's great- worth the wait! i am so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteoh- and i am loving all the engagement pictures! you two are so adorable together.
ReplyDeleteJenny I love your engagement pictures. I want to read your stories but your background is killing my eyes. You might want to see if you can just black out the pattern where you write. I love you! I'm so excited for you and Matt is a total catch.
ReplyDelete