Saturday, November 20, 2010

Our Love Story (His Point of View)


I had been attending a new singles for 6 months without being noticed, befriended, or receiving a calling. On March 14th as I was anxiously engaged in a Sunday School lesson, I noticed a young lady continually glancing my way. At one of her many gazes, I caught her eye and let her know that I had noticed her obvious attention with a smile. At this point, I had decided that I was going to get to know her and had the feeling that there could be a future with us.

In class, it was announced that this girl would be spotlighted during Ward Prayer that evening. I had never gone before but decided to take the opportunity to go that night. During the spotlight, I discovered Jenny was much older than I had guessed. I thought to myself "I have no chance." But after many battles with myself in my head, I came to the conclusion that I am mature enough to pursue an older woman.

Two weeks later, I searched for Jenny on Facebook to try to further our friendship. She was responsive in her emails and conversations. I was finding myself emailing her nightly and was surprised how much we could talk about and relate to each other. I was disappointed to find she was leaving town soon. Even in her absence I still wanted to continue emailing even though she couldn't respond.

I looked forward to her homecoming so that I could put my plan of action in place. Although Jenny's patience was lacking and she assumed I was dragging my feet. So I gladly accepted her forward actions of inviting me over. Since this first time of giving into her forward actions and lack of patience, I have found myself succumbing to her demands and plan to for the rest of my life. ;)

1 comment:

  1. You guys are so cute!! I am so glad that you found such an awesome girl! She seems to be perfect for you, and you deserve the best. I love you Matthew!

    ReplyDelete