Sunday, January 15, 2012

This is NOT an announcement!!!

This Christmas season I got a Seasonal job at The Children's Place. I mostly got this job because it was easy to come by and because I wanted to earn extra money for our Carribean cruise. I have a coworker whose wife is the Assistant Manager at The Children's Place in the University Mall. During a conversation he mentioned that I should work there for the Christmas season. I didn't give too much thought to it until he brought me an application. I filled it out but still wasn't sure how much I wanted to commit to it. I quickly got a phone call from the manager, we tried to set up a time for job interview but couldn't ever coordinate our schedules. Our casual conversation went so well that I was hired over the phone on the spot. Well I was committed now. :)

I worked there November, December, and a little bit of January. I just worked 1-2 days a week and only evenings after work. I would go straight from my 8-5 job to a shift from 6-closing. And they were great at giving me Thanksgiving off to go to AZ, the time I need for Christas to enjoy my family, and our anniversary, New Year's Eve, and my birthday off. I really couldn't complain, they made it easy to work there. And I really loved my coworkers.

When I would tell people that I was working there, I would get warned over and over that this job would make me baby hungry and I would start spending my whole paycheck on adorable clothes for future kids. But I assured them this job was perfect for me for that reason that I had no use for the clothes and would actually take my whole paycheck home. I will admit I did see a lot of cute clothes for babys and toddlers. And I was awesome at not spending a dime there until my last day of work. They got the new Spring clothes and I just couldn't pass this up. We eventually will use it.............SOME DAY!!! (Once again this is NOT an announcement.)

Too appropriate to pass up!

5 comments:

  1. So stinkin' cute!! Now you need a similar one in Matthew's size. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Hope you get a boy first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True. Too appropriate. Better hope you have a boy first, otherwise you will have to add some s's!

    ReplyDelete